Scootaround is happy to provide the following
websites that you may find useful in your vacation, business
or travel planning. Choose from the categories and offers
below to learn more about each. Also, when you visit these
friends, please remember to tell them you learned about their
services from Scootaround!
- The Brella Bag is an umbrella holder designed to give you
the hands free ability to do many tasks while being protected
from the rain or sun. Use it while riding your scooter or
- Rebound Therapy provides Sensafloat, a unique disabilty
swimming support and floatation aid, with applications for
children and adults across the whole spectrum of special needs.
- Enabling people to lead richer lives through supported travel.
Providing travel attendants and community support since 1994.
Visit our website for details of our services.
- Enabled Traveler is a travel show dedicated to the disabled
traveler. They also offer custom travel booking assistance
and blogs with researched/verified information about disabled
travel and associated subjects.
- Your information resource for planning a safe, fun and comfortable
trip to Disney World, with special needs, health conditions
and disabilities. From minor to major health conditions, we
have everything you need.
- Disabled Dealer Magazine is an adaptive resources guide
providing new and used vehicles for sale by owner in your
area. It lists by conversion companies and includes scooters,
wheelchairs, lifts, homes and more.
- Exceptional Parent magazine provides information, support,
ideas, encouragement, and outreach for parents and families
of children with disabilities and the professionals who work
- A federally funded project that provides information on
assistive technology and rehabilitation equipment from domestic
and international sources to US consumers, organizations,
professionals and caregivers.
- Their mission is to improve the quality of life for millions
of people living with disabilities by encouraging them to
enjoy life to its fullest through the sense of freedom provided
by travel, adventure, and a "never give up" attitude.
- DisabilityGuide.org is a free Washington, DC metro area
online disability information resource designed to help those
with disabilities find the information they need. They offer
useful reviews to help people make educated choices, while
also providing an open discussion forum to network and discuss
- An online information directory displaying services to assist
the disabled and special needs community. Topics include everything
from products and services, to transportation and messaging.
- An online resource guide that has been created to help individuals
living with disabilities, and their family members, in the
process of buying a home of their own.
- A website dedicated to innovations for the disabled community.
New Disability is a platform to advance the commercialization
of innovative disability products.
- Tourism for All UK is the UK Voice for Accessible Tourism.
They are a national charity dedicated to making tourism welcoming
to all. Their goal is to be the centre of expertise on accessible
tourism in the UK, working for a world-class tourism experience
- is an online international resource for wheelchair travelers
from all over the world sharing guides, reviews and tips on
accommodations, attractions, activities, transportation and
equipment. Read articles, see photos and watch videos that
will prepare you for you next adventure.
- American Drivers Alliance provides 24 Hour Roadside Assistance
for you, your vehicle, wheelchair or scooter. Membership includes
coverage for emergency roadside assistance, towing, and coordination
of Emergency Lift Service or Para-transit service.
- Leon Engineering produces the innovative Bike Tow Leash
- the best and safest solution for those who wish to walk
their dog while using a mobility scooter, wheelchair or powerchair.
- Fully accessible Guest House with stylish bedrooms, spacious
en-suite family rooms as well as double/twin rooms (with their
own separate bathrooms), all with roll-in showers and very
inviting comfortable beds. Bed & breakfast in Cape Town,
- 1-888-Inn-Seek is the only search engine you'll ever need
if you enjoy staying at B&Bs, country inns, and small
Whether you travel you can choose your accommodation by using
our Manchester Trafford hotel map and book securely online
by list, location or hot Manchester hotel rates.
- Accessible NYC is an initiative to promote New York City
as the number one destination for travelers with disabilities.
- Society for Accessible Travel and Hospitality. Sath has
actively represented travelers with disabilities since 1976
with the goal of promoting awareness, respect and accessibility
for disabled and mature travelers and to educate the travel,
tourism and hospitality industry on becoming more accessible
for persons with disabilities.
- Rent It Today provides rental companies and individuals
an affordable way to market and advertise their rental items.
Their website allows potential renters to browse through rental
- Wheelers delivers safe, reliable wheelchair and scooter
accessible transportation by the day, week, month and longer.
The service is available at every major US airport and metropolitan
city. We aim to provide quality dependable transportation
with the best technology for your accessibility.
- Wheelchair Getaways, Inc. provides wheelchair accessible
van rentals for people with disabilities in over 450 cities
in the United States. Mini or full size vans are available
for rent with daily, weekly, monthly and long-term periods
as well as delivery and pick-up.
- Wheelchair In Motion provides accessible van rental services
all destinations in Ontario, Canada. Their service includes
free delivery and pick up of the vehicle in most cities in
south central Ontario.
- Endeavour Safaris welcomes you to see and feel Africa in
ways that have rarely been experienced by wheelchair reliant
people before. Their vision is to provide a way for physically
challenged people to enjoy a real African Safari by catering
to their special needs.
- Family friendly and wheelchair accessible camping safari
holidays for the disabled traveller in the Kruger National
Park, Garden Route and day tours in Johannesburg and Cape
Town in South Africa. Everybody is welcome, from individuals
and friends to families and groups.
- Family In New York offers truly customized New York tours
with special needs visitors in mind. Perfect for friends and
family or all ages, it's the best way to see the Big Apple.
Specializing in safari services for disabled and special
needs travelers that give unprecedented freedom to travel
- A New York based tour operator-receptive operator
specializing in New York City vacation packages for individuals
and groups. Ask about programs for groups with physical or