Scootaround was founded on the principles of providing a valuable and needed service for customers requiring mobility services worldwide. This has always included the highest level of standards for hygiene and cleanliness. With the ever-changing expectations and shifts stemming from working to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, Scootaround has taken proactive and voluntary steps to ensure that our customers have a healthy mobility rental experience.
1. Cleaning & Sanitizing!
Sanitizing the devices in our fleet is the number one way to minimize the spread of the virus. Here are some ways we are working to ensure a safe experience for you when you rent a mobility device from Scootaround.
- Rental Equipment: We have doubled down on our cleaning and disinfecting. Upon return, every piece of equipment is thoroughly cleaned using a hospital grade cleaner. As a second layer of protection, a fine mist of the disinfecting agent is sprayed on high touch point areas and is left to air dry. High touch point areas include the key switch, hand grip, seat, seat back, arm rest, wheel lock, tiller and more.
- Delivery Trucks: All truck interiors are thoroughly sprayed and wiped down multiple times a day using a hospital grade neutral disinfectant cleaner.
- Tools: All hand tools and power tools used to repair devices in our rental fleet are disinfected after each use.
- Warehouse: Our teams are increasing the frequency of cleaning our warehouse space with a strong focusing on high traffic areas.
2. Team member health, safety and knowledge
Our fulfillment team – the people who ensure your rental device gets disinfected and delivered to you – recognize that their own health, safety, and knowledge are essential to an effective cleaning program. Here are some ways we are supporting them:
- Hand washing: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses, something that we ensure is repeated at our daily meetings. Cleanliness starts with this simple act and it is important for the health of our employees and customers. We also have hand sanitizer readilyfor our team to use.
- Face masks: Team members has been issued disposable face masks to cover their face and mouth when they are out in public spaces and around others.
- Gloves: Team members have been issued disposable latex gloves to use when handling equipment.
- Social/physical distancing: Team members are directed to practice social distancing and avoid close contact when they are in public.
- Ongoing training: In addition to training on equipment and hygiene protocols, all our team members are required to complete enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
- Monitoring: We are constantly monitoring federal, state, and local public health communications related to COVID-19 regulations and guidance to ensure our taem has access to all the latest information.
3. The importance of learning from previous global outbreaks
This isn’t the first time that we’ve faced an epidemic in the 22+ years Scootaround has been in business, and what we’ve learned from past epidemics has helped us take care of our customers today. Change is often for the best, and the practices we have used and the practices we are enacting today will serve you, our customers, for years to come.